Now, online test first for Agniveer recruitment | India News

NEW DELHI: The Army has announced a change in the Agnipath recruitment process this year, which will see the computer-based online common entrance exam (CEE) being conducted before the physical test and medical examination during recruitment rallies around the country.
“The recruitment rallies were held before the CEE last year, which led to large crowds and major administrative hassles. Now, only those candidates who qualify in the CEE will come for the rallies, which will make them manageable and easier to conduct,” an officer said on Saturday.
With online applications for registration to open later this month, the first CEE for the 2023-24 recruitment cycle is scheduled in April at around 200 locations, he added.
Under the Agnipath scheme announced in June last year, 25,000 Agniveers (19,000 for Army and 3,000 each for IAF and Navy) have already begun their training. Another 21,000 are slated to join Army regimental centres for training in March. The first batch in the Navy also includes 341 women, while the other two services plan to follow suit.
Only 25% of these 46,000 soldiers, airmen and sailors recruited every year will eventually be selected to serve for another 15 years after the first four years. The rest 75% will be demobilised with the Seva Nidhi exit package of Rs 11.71 lakh each.

#online #test #Agniveer #recruitment #India #News

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button